Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Paws to Help Others

Pugs have big hearts, and so do Pug people. We love to find artistic ways to raise money for charities. Poots, Paul, and I have teamed up for a new fundraiser mission. Between many other studio projects, Paul created a metal cookie cutter from my original drawing. While I had something else drying, I threw a thin clay slab on the floor. Poots watched from the puppy pen, yarfing with excitement. How do they know? I lightly pressed outlines for each cookie in the clay.



I asked Poots to put her best foot forward... and she gave it her all. Her knowing half-smile is priceless.



After all were stamped, I used Paul's cookie cutter again. Even at this stage, the paw prints suggest a funny little Pug face on each one. It's also time to trim those nails!



You may be wondering why I didn't ask Tater to help. Tater is a temperamental artist and she stomps everywhere, shreds the clay, and leaves messy prints all over the studio.


In a few days, we'll share another sneak peek. Do you have a skill, no matter how humble, that could do some good for others? You don't have to shoot for the stars; we are down here, on the floor, pushing mud around.






No comments:

Post a Comment